cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Messages in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

If a vendor supplies materials to customer directly at site, we use delivery from projects.

My query is that suppose sub-vendor has supplied the material at site and main vendor's(my client) person( assume this person is absent or neglected to do this ) didn't enter this data into the system on same day.

1) What will be the effect on Projects in terms of delay in SAP?

2) Is it possible that SAP can give some warning to Project Manager in this regard and if so, how?

3) Will it suggest him what action he should take ( considering the person who is absent is the only window to do this job )

Pls. help me out.

pallavi

Edited by: Pallavi Choudhary on Jun 18, 2008 8:00 AM

Edited by: Pallavi Choudhary on Jun 18, 2008 8:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Pallavi

Regarding your query

a) If the data not entered or entered in-correct - check with ur ABAPer who can able to build the logic based on ur requirement.

2) - Is it possible that SAP can give some warning to Project Manager in this regard and if so, how?

Can u tell me how the system recognizes as who is the Projet Manager of that Project / s?

In Project system - Person Responsible - can be treated as Project Manager (VERNR) and Applicant (ASTNR) can be treated as Project Lead or Account Manager.

The same Project Manager and Applicant to be maintained in HR master data or viceversa.

Warning or Error -mail messages can be sent to SAP INBOX also to outlook like maintaining in PA30 - Infotype(communication) and subinfotype(external mail) based on ABAP program with logic check

VERNR=PERNR(personnel no in HR master)

ASTNR=PERNR(personnel no in HR master data)

The above solution will help the Project Manager to take some action.

Enjoy SAP

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for proper description.

Pls. come to poin no. 1) suppose i will take a case of delivery of material to customer site. If material reaches at site and the account manager has to GRN the material on same day. It may be possible that there may be a milestone attached for the activity under which this material has been purchased.Now after confirmation of activity the actuals will be realized.

My question is if he does not enter the data on same day and dates will be shifted (as planned), so is it possible that a mail will autogenerated and go to Person responsible.(I understand that i have maintained the person responsible name during config.)

pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its possible to autogenerate the mail to the Person responsible based on confirmation date for the material or if the activity is getting delayed or any logic through ABAP only.

Kindly check with ur ABAPer.

Enjoy SAP

Regards

PP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos