cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Procedure for creating PO and SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone help me on the Business Process Produre for creating Purchase Order & its pre requisites as well as Sales order & its pre requisites ??

I am trying through the system, but there are so many dependencies for each step to proceed.

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar

PO :

1. First of all, there are many ways to create a PO - W/o reference, With ref. to Contracts, with ref. to RFQs. etc. You may go thorough the Help Document for this. The transaction you use it ME21(N).

2. You then Carry out a Goods Movement for this.

If it is the MM route, then you use MB* transactions or MIGO for this.

3. If you want to use the Logistics Execution route, you first create an Inbound Delivery - VL31(N) and then post a Goods receipt from the Delivery transactions itself - VL31(N), VL32(N).

4. Then comes Invoicing - transaction MIRO.

SO :

1. Similar to PO, you create a Sales Order without/with reference. For the complete list of reference documents, please use the help portal - http://help.sap.com

2. Goods movement from SD route - MB* transactions or MIGO

-- This is usually not done.

3. Logisitcs execution route is prefered. In this case create an Outbound Delivery - VL01(N) and post Goods issue from the Delivery transactions themselves - VL01(N), VL02(N)

4. Then comes Billing - txn VF01

The process I have given here is the simplest one.

More complexities come in based on the business needs of customers.

For example, if the customer chooses to add a Release strategy to his PO, then the PO first needs to be released before going ahead with Goods movement.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

Thank you so much for the brief explanation & it was very useful to understand the Business Process.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Ram S.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarifyu what do m ean by Buisness Process Procedure. Is it that you want to know the different businessprocess involving purchase order and sales order. If so then Exchange/MAP/TD/TDP/HPM can be used. If you want to know the detailed business process procedure let me know.

The required flieds in Purchase order are: Purchasing organization,Purchasing Group,Company code,Item, Material, Quantity, Vendor, Plant,delivery date.

Whereas the required fields in Sales order are Sales area, Comapny code, Sales doc. type, Sold to party, material, qunatity, plant, shipping condition, valuation type,(if not mentioned n mm).

I hope i answered you question.

Do let me know if you want to know about anything further on this subject.

Thanks

Ajay Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the answer. You have answered me almost. Also Could you please provide some more information on the flow like we can create a Purchase Order with reference to Purchase Requition etc. And after the Purchase Order we will procede with Good Receipt etc.

I need more info about the process like above for Purchase Order & Sales Order. I am going through some docs to find more.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Ram S.