SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU-Installment Plan item in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are rolling out installment plan and were able to create the standard installment plan.

The present Invoice has 3 heads i.e. 1)Current month amount, 2) Outstanding and Net Amount Due (Total of 1& 2)

The business requirement is to add the installment plan items into this, i.e. 1) Current month amount, 2) Outstanding, 3) Installment plan item and Net Amount Due (Total of 1,2& 3)

The dates of installment plan (say 3rd Aug) and Invoice due date (Say 30th Aug) will always be varied.

Is there any way to add the installment plan item into the Net Amount Due

Additional info:

-Invoicing is always monthly

-There is no Charges/interest/taxes involved

-Its ok if the customer pays on 30th for Installment item due on 3rd (again since Charges/interest/taxes are not involved)

-The customer can pay only the Invoice Net amount due (no option to edit this amount when he pays) which is driving this requirement.

Thanks in Advance,

John

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not get your point. Are you trying to show installment amount in the Invoice along with other details??? In that case you need to enhance the standard application form IS_U_BILL?!

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am new to FICA, and need a little insight into the process. Can you pl let me know the best way to rollout Installment plan in a Utility company.

The key requirement specific to our client is to have the Invoice item and installment plan item for a month to be rolled up into one and this amount sent to the banks for collecting payment from the customers. Customers can only pay at the bank and that too the exact amount.

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Kudos

Hello,

Installment plans are treated as short plans where in which the overdue outstanding amount is divided into 'N of items thus reducing the burden of the customer. Say if you have £100 Inv. You have agreed to collect the amount in 2 installments. You create Inst plan for £50 each using FPR1.

Now if the customer is on Direct Debit, the above amount would be collected when you run the Payment run using FPY1, Generate DME file and send to bank.

Hope this is clear

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!