cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have referred the blog /people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16 for enhanced receiver Determination.

I have created my own Used Defined Function in Message Mapping , same like Function Service Determination in the Blog. But when I am testing the Message Mapping I am getting following error

"Exception:[java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range"

Thanks,

Punit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the thread below.It will resolve your issue

Koti Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

If u r using a userdefined function.. It looks like your userdefined function is failing with string index out of range failure.. You can copy the payload to file (from SXMB_MONI) and then upload the payload to test tool in mapping (in IR)... you should be able to figure out why it is failing..

Check the length of the string you are using as input to the substring function.And error tells some String outof bound exceptions,.ie the value for which you used Substring is not containing that many characters...check it and also make sure that after mapping , all the fields should be with exact data length as mentioned in the data type.

StringIndexOutOfBoundException

Thrown by String methods to indicate that an index is either negative or greater than the size of the string. For some methods such as the charAt method, this exception also is thrown when the index is equal to the size of the string

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.html

Also check

Regards,

Vinod.