cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving problem in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I facing a problem while performing Archiving activity in our XI production system.

I performed this task by first i went to Tcode:SXMB_ADM, there define interface for archiving & retention period,run the schedule job archive option in the same session.

Here my problem is i unable to archive the message which r

older than 1 day, though i defined the retention period as 1 day in SXMB_ADM.

It is archiving the messages which r older than 30 day.

we performed the same task in our development system, there

every thing is gone in right way.

Regrads,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be that there aren't any messages available for archiving. Run transaction SE38, execute report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, select 'Check All Messages' radio button, and then click on the execute button.

Once the report has run, look at the 'Message and adapter status is considered in the following' section; the -Messages to be flagged for archiving: XXX (XXX = <any_number>) should tell you if there are any messages available for archiving.

If it is '0' then you do not have any messages available for archiving, in which case you can either run Report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS, which displays Message and Adapter status along with the number of messages in each status.

You can view table 'SXMSMSTAT' for the meaning of the Messages and Adapter statuses. You can also view table SXMSPMAST which contains all the XML messages along with their statuses.

The main thing is that the MSGSTATE, ADAPT_STAT, ITFACTION, & REORG values for each XML messages in table SXMSPMAST, has to be the right, else the messages will not be available for archiving.

Thanks

VIkranth

Former Member
0 Kudos