cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Directory -> Cache Notifications Error!!

Former Member

Hi ,

When i try to select "Cache Notifications" in directory i am facing this error below.

<b>Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory at this time. Notifications to the central Adapter Engine are therefore listed using the technical name of the Adapter Engine. This is usually structured as follows: af.<SAP System ID>.<Name of application server></b>

I can see in SLD -> technical system -> exchange infrastructure, the entry for Integration Directory is missing. I ve applied note 764176 , but it is not helping. Similarly the entry for RWB is also missing here.

ve checked in SLD -> Admin -> Content Manitenance and the assocations are missing for IR & RWB. I beleive these errors are closely related. ve chked exchange profile XIDIRUSER & XIRWBUSER pwds , chked the roles , they are the same as our DEV / QA envionments.

Can anyone pls point what am i missing here

Thanks

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravana,

Did you try to restart the systems. When you restart the systems, start the SLD system first, then other systems connecting to SLD.

If this does not help, go to Visual Admin -> Server -> Services -> SAP XI AF CPA Cache -> manually enter the hostname and http port

Then restart the server. This should help you registering your AF on SLD.

Regards

Shravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

those things are fine, but I would suggest, additionally in that situation to check:

SXI_CACHE>goto>Adapter Engine Cache

Check if you can see the adapter engine there.

Goto SE37 and enter the function module SAI_GET_AE_DETAILS and check if the system can get the name. If correct, you will receive a notification about it and the user used.

Got to Integration Builder-->Administration and check on the Directory Tab, whether you can refresh the different caches there.

Check if all the service users, are being entered with the correct passwords - preferably in uppercase.

Check whether the Adapter engine can be seen as a technical system in the sld and which address is shown.

I hope I didn't leave out any check.

Lots of luck!

Jaime Farinos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see this in the SLD server log. Please let know how to assign this J2EE role to XIRWBUSER ?

12/21/2005 08:57:03.647 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9] INFO com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.CIMServerIMethodCall: (XIRWBUSER) CreateInstance(sld/active): User is

denied access: Access denied. 'XIRWBUSER' is not in role 'LcrInstanceWriterLD'.

Is it via http://host:port/useradmin Or via Visual Admin ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

About the roles for XIRWBUSER...you can check the same in the ABAP stack...go to transaction SU01 and check the Roles attached...it should have the following entries...

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

These should be sufficient as it is working for us...also...the roles gets passed along from the abap stack to the J2ee stack....

Now to your original issue...we had to change our sld in our system to a new box and had to re-configure....we got the same error that you were getting...

we corrected it by doing the following...

Corrected the entries in the Visual Admin under SLD data supplier service... for the HTTP tab as well as the CIM tab.

Did the SLDCHECK(TCODE on abap stack) and made sure everything was ok....

Did a CPACache refresh full...and of course a restart....

that solved the issue for us...

Thanks,

Renjith