cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX 6.1 - ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently having our ECC 5.0 running on AIX 5.3/Oracle 10g. We are also in the process of upgrading ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0.

Question:

1. If we go to AIX 6.1 on ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0 what are the pre and post activities and issues to be aware of ?

2. Is there any SAP note or Forum Link available to learn about the AIX 6.1 upgrade option.

Thanks,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. If we go to AIX 6.1 on ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0 what are the pre and post activities and issues to be aware of ?

Check

Note 1087498 - Support for AIX 6.1

Note 1137862 - Using SAP systems with AIX 6.1

You need a special kernel version.

> 2. Is there any SAP note or Forum Link available to learn about the AIX 6.1 upgrade option.

Check above notes

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply. I saw those notes given by you. But both of them generally say there is no issues with AIX 6.1 till SP4 level sort of thing, which means can we take this granted and go for AIX 6.1 for ECC 6.0 ? i thought if there is any note talking about so and so AIX settings or SAP profile parameters need to adjusted for so and so performance issues sort of thing...

Thanks,

Murali.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Profile parameter changes because of an operating system upgrade are unlikely. You may, of course, need to change parameters because of upgrading to a new release.

Nobody "knows" your system and hence nobody can say in front "you will need to increase buffer X by a number of Y". Tuning a system is an iterative process, be it the application server or the database.

Since AIX 6.1 is released and officially supported I would go for it and in case of a big performance problem due to the OS open a call @ IBM.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know nobody can give answer based on our system, but my general question was is there any specific OSS note to be aware of if any related to AIX 6.1 apart from what you mentioned. Since there is nothing like that we will plan for going to the new version and take it from there if any issue arises.

Thanks,

Murali.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - good approach. Since the OS is supported in that version you can open calls if any issues arise.

Markus

Answers (0)