cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set the query time out for SQVI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to setup query timeout for a particular user so that if his query (created in SQVI) takes more then say 10 minutes, it automatically times out and system resources are freed up.

How can I do this for a specific user? Also in case I cant do it for a specific user how can I do it for all users?

Thanks for reading

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikrishna,

The SQVI is a dialog transaction and henc its governed by your system's rdisp/max_wprun_time parameter.

A dialog work process has a run-time limit that prevents users from interactively running especially long reports. By default, the system terminates any dialog work process in a transaction that exceeds 300 seconds. Although the value of the limit can be changed (in the system profile parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time), that limit is always in effect for dialog work processes. No such limit applies to background work processes.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution of setting the parameter is RZ10 is correct but it applies to ALL users. I want something which can be applied to only specific users.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikrishna,

Unfortunately you cannot setup user based timeouts.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The given option is correct.

But what I would suggest is:

Donot change this parameter just for the sake of one tcode. Becuase if you increase this time, the dialg workprocess time would increase and more jobs can run in foreground.

And you would get the performance issue.

Please ask the user to run this in Background.