cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Crazy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find an SLD forum so this place seems as good as any.

An ABAP system has RFC's defined in each system and this has never been an issue.

Now we have J2EE's with adaptive RFC's defined in the SLD rather than in the local system. These 'SM59' style connections are not transferrable between systems as far as I can see and have little value in the SLD as opposed to the local system.

What I see most crazy of all is that after 2 hours these entries are deleted from the local cache and then fetched again fom the SLD. Surely if the fetch fails they should keep using the cached version?

It seems mad to me that they are stored in the SLD and that they time out before they are re-fetched therefore creating significant risk to productive system availability.

I now recommend that Portals have a local SLD that is never patched and have manually defined adaptive RFC connections. The SLD Provider service reads and writes to itself but bridges to a central SLD. These never seem to have issues and now no longer go down due to reliance on that SLD system and network between.

I am very well versed in the SLD and would appreciate responses from people who can correct me in my ways as SAP seems to require me to have a central SLD for these even though I have no maintenance and the GUIDs are not required elsewhere.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying a similar scenario, I am already having a central SLD with Solution Manager 7.01 [Netweaver Release 7.0] Dual Stack and have activated [by initial setup] a local SLD based on Java Stack Only [Netweaver Release 7.0]

I am trying to figure out a possible way, once the central SLD and local SLD's are synced, if central SLD goes down the local SLD takes over from the Central SLD, would like to have a automated switching between the Central and Local SLD.

Again the frustrating thing is that I am unable to find an official SAP document explaining such a scenario, would appreciate any advice on this particular issue.

Regards

Umar Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham,

Your post was quite informative, i frankly did not know that the J2ee's RFC's are stored in the SLD.

What happens in an event that one needs to use another SLD , another stand alone java AS is in the landscape with its own SLD . Is there a possibilty of a J2ee to switch to another SLD.

Please let me know if this is possible..

Many Thanks in Advance

-Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the definitions are based on a unique GUID.

Therefore swapping to another SLD where they have been defined will not work.

You need to wither migrate your SLD to there or repont the SLD and then manually update the JCO's again which will put them there.

This is my understanding based on the last time I tried but I'm having a little play today so will let you know if any different

regards

Graham