cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 bar chart short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are starting an upgrade from 4.7(non-Unicode) to ECC 6.0(Unicode), using SAPgui for Windows (version 7.10). In our 4.7 systems, the graphical bar chart on the Project Planning Board (txn CJ2C) works as expected. However, in the 6.0 development system, before displaying the gantt chart, the system short dumps with CREATE_ERROR.

I have searched the forums and looked through OSS notes and was unable to find anything that described the problem or was pertinent to our release. I have debugged through the transaction and am finding that the short dump occurs in method cl_gui_barchart=>constructor around the following code:

at line 83 if the system is unicode (which it is), the code calls method cl_gui_frontend_services=>check_gui_support, exporting 'ganttcontrol'/'usedataasstream' and expecting a result in variable l_guisupp_data_as_string. When it returns from the check_gui_support method, l_guisupp_data_as_string is blank, so the next "if" statement raises an error that is not handled:

if l_guisupp_data_as_string = abap_true.

.....code not executed because the variable = abap_false.

else.

.....raise create_error. <<<<< this is where the dump occurs.

endif.

Note that in the debugger, if I force l_guisupp_data_as_string to be = abap_true, the gantt chart/barchart displays as expected. (gotta love the debugger) But since it is standard SAP code I would prefer to resolve the problem without a modification and am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

This short dump occurs with gui versions 710 and lower. (I personally am using sapgui version 710, patch level 7.) Has anyone had problems like this with the graphical elements in SAP or does anyone have a suggestion as to why the gui is not displaying the barchart correctly in our unicode system?

Sorry for the very long message, but thanks in advance for the help!

Amanda Salt

Edited by: Amanda Salt on Jun 17, 2008 11:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today while looking up what I thought was an unrelated issue, I found the answer to this problem. I am running Windows Vista and was unable to turn on the new Frontend ABAP editor. I found a post that recommended vista users disable the "User Account Control" in control panel -> user accounts. Once I did that, not only was I able to see the ABAP editor option, but I was also able to run the CJ2C transaction and display the gantt chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are starting an upgrade from 4.7(non-Unicode) to ECC 6.0(Unicode), using SAPgui for Windows (version 7.10). In our 4.7 systems, the graphical bar chart on the Project Planning Board (txn CJ2C) works as expected. However, in the 6.0 development system, before displaying the gantt chart, the system short dumps with CREATE_ERROR.

I have searched the forums and looked through OSS notes and was unable to find anything that described the problem or was pertinent to our release. I have debugged through the transaction and am finding that the short dump occurs in method cl_gui_barchart=>constructor around the following code:

at line 83 if the system is unicode (which it is), the code calls method cl_gui_frontend_services=>check_gui_support, exporting 'ganttcontrol'/'usedataasstream' and expecting a result in variable l_guisupp_data_as_string. When it returns from the check_gui_support method, l_guisupp_data_as_string is blank, so the next "if" statement raises an error that is not handled:

if l_guisupp_data_as_string = abap_true.

.....code not executed because the variable = abap_false.

else.

.....raise create_error. <<<<< this is where the dump occurs.

endif.

Note that in the debugger, if I force l_guisupp_data_as_string to be = abap_true, the gantt chart/barchart displays as expected. (gotta love the debugger) But since it is standard SAP code I would prefer to resolve the problem without a modification and am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

This short dump occurs with gui versions 710 and lower. (I personally am using sapgui version 710, patch level 7.) Has anyone had problems like this with the graphical elements in SAP or does anyone have a suggestion as to why the gui is not displaying the barchart correctly in our unicode system?

Sorry for the very long message, but thanks in advance for the help!

Amanda Salt

Edited by: Amanda Salt on Jun 17, 2008 11:14 PM

I just installed the latest patch on the SAPgui, so I am now running:

Release: 710 Final Release

File Version: 7100.2.8.1039

Build: 983952

Patch Level: 8

But I am still getting the short dump. I have done extensive searches of SAP Help, OSS notes, and this and other forums (even just looking up the problem on "google") but can't seem to find anything that applies to this scenario. I'm not very familiar with the methods in cl_gui_frontend_services, so if anyone can give me a pointer of where else I can look, I would greatly appreciate it!

• I also have edited the Subject line to be more informative about the problem