cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting the lead selection of one table from a BAPI as input to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this scenario where i get the following output from a BAPI where the input fields i submit are the username and language and the output i get is in a table format which gives me in another view say ResultView.

WI_ID

WI_Text

WI_Status Text

I could acheive the expected result till the above step.

what inturn i need is when i select a row of the above table.I need to send the WI_ID that i get as input to the second BAPI.I tried to get the leadselection of the node that i was previously getting in the custom controller .But it doesnt give me the option of getWi_Id int he WdDoinit method where iam trying to access it.Please could somebody tell me where i need to get the leadselection and where do i need to write the code for passing this value that i get from lead selection as an input to the other BAPI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Swathi,

As mentioned you are trying to pass the output of first BAPI as the INput to the other BAPI.

In this regard, first of all on the table lead select method, write

String xyz=wdContext.current<node>element.getWI_ID();

then this xyz can be mapped to some context attribute or directly to the input field attribute of the second BAPI.

then the execution of the second Bapi if written in the Custom or Component Controller, then this parameter should be passed as the input to the second BAPI.

Hope this solves your problem.

Let me know if you still require some other help.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopi,

Thank you that was a helpful answer points assigned

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better idea is keep the first coulmn of thetable with check boxes.

So what all are selected can be get by using the index and the data corrosponding to the selected index can easily be retrived and sent to the data base

Regards

Padma N