cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of sap scripts into smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frnds.

I have a requirement where i need to convert sap scripts into a smart form. After migrating the sap script to a smart form do i need to change the entire code of the script ( the if-else and logic statements) . or do i need to just remove the commented lines which appear after the migration and just declare the field names???

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anik,

You dont need to change the entire logic. Only part you need to change is where the script is called just comment that part and call the smartform. Pass all the internal tables with the required data to your smartform by calling the function module 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'.

This I have already done, So I can assure you that there is no need to change the entire logic.

Thanks.

Swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Thanq for your very helpful answer, dont mind me asking a detailed question now.

I have never worked on sap-scripts or smart forms.

so, for conversion of sap-scripts to smartforms

after doing the migration using utilities->migrate smart form.the form logic has to be changed accordingly (this is what i have read and understood from various threads and sources)

But, I didnt get what u said of commenting the calling of the script part and calling the smart form. I didnt find anything like that after the migration part.

Could u guide me accordingly.

Regards

Anik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anik,

SAP provides a conversion for SAPscript documents to SMARTforms.

This is basically a function module, called FB_MIGRATE_FORM. You can start this function module by hand (via SE37), or create a small ABAP which migrates all SAPscript forms automatically.

You can also do this one-by-one in transaction SMARTFORMS, under

Utilities -> Migrate SAPscript form.

You could also write a small batch program calling transaction SMARTFORMS and running the migration tool.

While Converting sapscript into smartforms,only layout has passed.But you have do all logic coding in your smartforms.

Steps :

(1) Understand logic of sapscript program.

(2) Understand SAP script windows data.

Now make your technical Design Accordingly,and now do code accordingly for your smartforms.

Best regards,

raam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me whether your Script Program is standard one.

If yes please tell me the name.

See for Script in code you will find , Write form, open form, etc...such statements.

But for smartform you dont want to take much effort..

just call the form....as i have told the Function Module.

No problem if you have never worked....Once you will start working you will find it very easy...

i have not used migration method....so cant comment on that.

Thanks.

Swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swati,

Am unable to understand what your are saying...where to call the form. Iam converting a script, not a form. nope this is not a standard script.

Regards,

anikkiran@yahoo.co.in

Edited by: anik kiran on Jun 18, 2008 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anik,

Well, you are new to Scripts and Smartforms and hence please find some more threads to call the smartform from the program. First, learn the Smartform calling and its parameters and apply the same to your Smartform.

You need to display the data from the Program or Smartform as per your business requirement.