cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from local to domain installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to modify a local R/3 installation in order to put it in domain. There is some easy way to do it? I have not found any guide with the necessary actions.

thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex:

Yes, you can change the current installation from Local to Domain based; I don't think there's a document to perform that; do the following:

1) Create both the Service Account and the <SID>ADM user’s on the DC.

2) Add the computer has a member of the new domain and logon with the new domain user <SID>ADM to create the domain user profile in the server. The logoff and logon with the local <SID>ADM now copy the current user profile to the new domain based; that is to have all environment variables in the new domain user. You can do this from My Computer (right click)

3) Add the user’s account from the domain as a member of the local Administrators and any SAP (global and local) groups in the local server.

4) Shutdown the SAP instance and DB instance; I assume you are running MSSQL Server 2000.

5) Shutdown the SQL Server services.

6) Now open Services.msc and search for the SAP services; double click on it and go to Logon tab and change the account from LOCAL to DOMAIN based; I will suggest browsing within the new domain to find the user IDs.

7) Repeat each step for every SAP instance service and for the SQL services if they are configured with the Local SAP accounts.

😎 Start DB and SAP…

I think that's all!

BTW; have a current backup always!!!

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

NetWeaver Certified Consultant

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot, I will inform to you if it has worked

Answers (0)