R3Trans and TP Upgrade in ERP 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have following R3Trans and tp just downloaded from

the SMP :

R3trans_164-20001354.SAR

tp_157-20001354.sar

now, when I dowload these files, I get only one exe of each i.e. R3trans.exe and tp.exe

And for the existing one, I see R3trans.exe and tp.exe -- EACH OF THESE FILES - at the 2 places :

host:\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe and \..\uc\NTAMD64

As I understand, I simply cut/paste the new R3trans.exe and tp.exe at these BOTH places, right ?

Need to Reboot the Server ?

Next : I also see R3trans.pdb file at EACH of this same Location.. Do I need to do anything with this R3trans.pdb file or I simply replace the exe of R3trans and tp at the above locations ?

1. 2 For Kernel update in Windows ( planned for different server ) , I

- completely shutdown the SAP + sid related and

saposcol + listener services to shutdown

- Any more Oracle / SAP services to shutdown ?

- and simply overwrite the extracted content of BOTH

Db independent and Dependent Files

to /.../NTAMD64 ..right ? we have WIN2K3

...Appreciate any / all inputs .Helpful answer would surely be rewarded with appropriate points..

..Many Thanks in Advance for your help / time as well.

Regards,

- Ishan

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are the answers to your questions:

1. Yes you have to cut and paste or u can do the copy also. But make the backup of old files somewhere else.

2. Yes you need to restart the SAP Application (Full means SAP and Oracle with services)

Now for all of the queries, you have to do the same steps for the Kernel upgrade as you have to do in Windows. This is the common process irrespective of the OS you have.

1. Download the two SAR files ( Database Dependent and Indepedent related to OS)

2. Extract the SAR files to common location.

3. Backup the current Kernel directory

4. Replace them with new kernel files

5. Stop all the SAP and Oracle services inc. SAPOSCOL n everyone related to SAP and Oracle.

6. Start the application back.

check version change with R3trans -v command.

These pdb files comes with the full kernel. They doesnot come with the individual car files.

NB: Kernel update process is same for each n every Operating System.

Answers (0)