Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI & R/3 - Is manual recon. of the interfaces req aftr syst failure recover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having 2 interfaces configured in our landscape

1. XI exposes certain BAPIs in the SAP R/3 box as webservices.

2. XI connects an Oracle system with the SAP R/3 though a BAPI(not a webserice).

Now if XI and R/3 simultaneously goes down and then XI comes up before R/3 , then the webservices call and also the call to the BAPI will fail as none of them are available.

But once the R/3 is up the interfaces should work automatically without any reconfiguration .

So the question is if we have to do anyother kind of manual confugration or reactivation for the interfaces to work during such a given situation.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

"But once the R/3 is up the interfaces should work automatically without any reconfiguration . "

No manual configuration is required.

As in XI messages are in queues, it will start from whichever pipeline process it had stopped.

If the message fails to post, it will retry as much as the number of retries has been set.

After that it needs to be resend manually. It is required in case an unrecoverable error occurs, so as the resource is not wasted retrying to eternity.

- Regards,

Shamly.

Edited by: Shamly MM on Jun 18, 2008 12:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But here in our landscape it was not working , when the R/3 system alone came back from a failure . The XI server was always up . But the R/3 went down and came back up. After that when any of the webservices ( BAPI in the R/3 exposed as webservices) are invoked the interface fails .

It returns the error like cannot connect to the R/3 host (ip address) . Gateway service failed and such things . So the BAPI Communication channel was not able to connect to the R/3 . And if i restart the XI server everything works without any fail . Or if i just deactivate and activate the channel the interface starts working.

One of the paramter which i felt quite skeptical about was the ' MAX CONNECTIONS ' parameter which i had set to value 10 . So now i changed it back to 1 . But i really don't know if this parameter change does make any difference when XI tries to connect to an R/3 server just back up.