cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Management and Work Centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus-

I am setting up a Job Management Work Center in our Solution Manager system and would like to know if anyone has done this and if they could share the high level steps to get our job overview to display in the Work Center.

So far I have activated the services and assigned the following roles to my user: SAP_SMWORK_BASIC and SAP_SMWORK_JOB_MAN. Are there any other authorizations that are necessary?

If someone could share the other key steps, or documentation, to set this functionality up it would be appreciated. I can see the jobs in the remote systems with no problem (RFCs are already set up) but I am interested in viewing the scheduled jobs and their status from the work center.

Thanks,

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Job Documentation from Solution Manager can be broadly classified as follows :-

1. Creating and Scheduling the jobs from Solution Manager to the satellite systems

2. Importing existing jobs from the satellite systems to Solution Manager for docuemenation and monitoring of the same

Key Steps :-

In case of Job creation from Solution Manager

1. Create Business Partner (T.Code BP) and maintain indentification details over there with ID CRM0001

2. Create BP role as an employee and maintain the user name in the employee data (Maintain the user name which is suppose to create the Job request from Solution Manager)

The above two steps are done so as to able to view the satellite system and its logical component in the Job Request form so as to create a Job Request and maintain the satellite system information in the job request form

3. Implement Note 1111310 for extended configuration of Job Scheduling Management, ie, integration if Job Request and Job Documentation which facilitates in creating of Job Documentation from Job Requests through service desk message

Alternatively, when import of Jobs is done, it creates a Job Documentation based on selections from the list of Jobs from satellite systems

4. Within the Job Documenation additional information can be maintained and its Scheduling information can be feeded (in case of Job Request, here we will insert scheduling data, which will schedule the jobs in the satellite systems, and in case of existing jobs this will show the existing scheduling information in the managed systems)

5. In the Systems tab in Job Documentation, we can monitor the jobs based on the thresholds. It is important to activate the monitoring of that business process in setup of business process operations to which the job is mapped in the business process.

6. Further note 1383398 helps in redirection to Solman from the managed system which is user specific in case we want the user to be redirected to Solution Manager for Job Request whenever the transaction SM36 is executed

Reward points if this helps

Regards,

Nishu

Martin_Lauer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please follow the instructions in the Implementation Guide (trasnaction SPRO) and review the information provided in section "How to get started?" at https://service.sap.com/jsm.

Basic setup is just activating the Web Dynpros plus assigning the Work Center and application roles. Anythign else depends on the scenarios uses, e.g. Job Request, SAP CPS integration.

Please note that the configuration can differ between releases 7.0 and 7.1.

kind regards,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Work Center guru (he actually prefers the title god more than guru) at my company, I'll send your question to him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I'd like to keep this thread open so other's can post and view responses. That's the idea of this SAP community, Mr. H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever figure this out?