cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I want to know how SAP creates purchase order for each freight cust. Today in my customer, SAP creates purchase orders by week, sometimes in 10 days.

So I don´t know, what is the logic and where Do i configure it .

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

Renato

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renato,

Please read note 506605. I think it will answer your questions.

Best Regards,

Carina Maeiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on how many vendors are used for frieght it is better to have a PO valid for the duration of the quatation, then you can select the vendor who is actually supplying the service at the time of the shipment costing then no need to worry about the PO as long as there is one open for the vendor concerned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP automatically creates a PO in the background.This can be configured in the Shipment Cost Item Category Details .Use Txn T_56.Use different options available.

-Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for your reply.

But the problem is that all costs item categories have the same configuration, all are availabe to create PO per month. So I don´t know why many PO are created, what logic SAP is using to create many PO to the same vendor.

Can you explain me that ? Or it would be a MM issue ?

Thanks a lot.

Renato

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the logic behind PO creation may be....We are buying service from the vendor for each delivery so as we are buying service SAP automatically creates a Purchase Order for each line Item.The need of generating PO for the same vendor is that the vendor may arrange transport from different companies.Fr e.g.today it may be xx and tomm it may be YY the transport arrangemnt depends on vendor so i think this may be the approach.

-Sudheer.