cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I new to the workings of SAP and I'm looking for a forum where I can post questions concerning my interest. I'm specifically looking to work within the Linux arena of SAP. I have at least 10 years of working knowleged of Linux/Unix.

Anyway, if this is not the forum for newbies (which I suspect it's not) can anyone please direct me to the proper forum.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can certainly post your questions here - but no interview questions

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I guess my first question is about what areas within the SAP world I want to focus on. The last time (sometime in 2004) that I investigated a career path in SAP I found that I was more aligned because my skills and interest in becoming a Basis Administrator. I'm not sure if that's the correct term to define the path I'm interested in but, I welcome the correction for future references and pointers to help me.

Cheers,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can´t tell you where to focus on - it depends on your skills and what you want to do

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have exp in unix 10 years thats why u expert in unix versions. dont come to sap side it is very problem for u . if u come to sap u must know data base side. u have only exp in OS side not in databse side. it's wont sleep in future always u have problems while ur sleeping