cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO & Transfer Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could somebody please tell me what is the difference b/w Stock transport order and Transfer orders. What is the configuration settings needs to be done for both.

Thanks in advance.

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you are asking about stock transport and stock transfer orders.

Stock transport order means transfer of goods between two plants of same company code.

Stock Transfer means transfer of goods between two plants belonging to different company codes.

In between two plants of same company code, you can do it in 3 scenarios.

1.simple transfer.

2.transfer with purchase order without SD delivery.

3.transfer with purchase order, with SD delivery.. In this case you need to configure the NL( Replenishment Delivery). delivery document with reference to purchase Order.

For stock transfers between two plants of different company codes

you need to configure NLCC(Replenishment cross-company code delivery) as well as ZIVU( intercompany billing document)

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

STO and "transfer order" - Terms are confusing as they sound similar but they are two different processes.

STO and ISTO's are used to transfer goods betwenn plants.

Transfer order used for picking purpose in Warehouse Management.

Thankyou

ANil

umasankarparavada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

STO - Stock Transport Order

Moving material from one plant to another plant, either within same company or between two companies.

TO - Transfer Order

Material handling at Warehouse level.

Regards

Uma

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

STO Means the stock transfer takes place between two plants(Deliverying plant and supplying plant) under one company code or bet ween two compant codes.

Transfer order is related to the wear house management,

Through transfer order we can pick the goods from the perticuler storage bin which is available in the wearhouse.

Transfer order will be created to pick the goods for the specific delivery.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.