Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR 4.7 to HCM ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

My client is doing a migration for their HR module from 4.7 to ECC 6 and I'm wondering if anyone knows (offhand or could point me in the right direction) what the differences in role/authorization objects would be between the 2 versions?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The objects which start with P* would be a good place to start...

However they may now appear in more transactions and others might be obsolete.

I would recommend taking a look at the upgrade note in the sticky at the top of the forum ("Upgrades: Rules of SAP Note...) for upgrading your roles during the upgrade, and other search terms used in the thread. The PRGN_CORR* tables will also help you further, as will table TOBJ for the object release dependency and TACTZ for the activity field. Also usefull search terms.

There was another interesting thread here a few months ago about upgrades in general for roles, and where to maintain them if the current roles require conceptual corrections.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Thanks for the post...

This is a unique situation in that the client already has an ECC 6 box ready with the HR Module, and the roles need to be either rebuilt or imported in the new system.

That being said, importing via transport would be the easiest option IMHO, but i wanted to see what kind of differences there may be between a role in 4.7 and 6.

Maybe importing wouldn't be the best solution to this, given the fact that it's 2 different version systems in place.

Your thoughts?

0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

Did you find the thread I mentioned? I it was a very similar situation if I remember correctly, but not HR specific.

I will scan my memory for known spelling mistakes and link it when found...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

unfortunately no... i did a bit of searching. maybe it's me or just my inexperience navigating the forums...

0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

Try: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?objID=f208&q=roleANDtransportANDupgrade

Currently there are two usefull hits within the last 90 days.

Specifically for HR, these are rather application specific and also data sensitized (for lack of a better word) in my experience. If we don't know the data and the concept / setup you have, then it is hard to comment.

Perhaps the HCM forum is also usefull for you. There is also an Upgrade forum, but that is less HR specific.

If you wish, I can move this thread to the HCM forum for you? (though I recommend waiting a while until folks like John Navarro and some others spot it

Cheers,

Julius