cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am developing a small demo on variant configuration. for that i have created a material and checked the material is configurable indicator and then i have created class and characteristics and assigned these chars and the configurable mat to the class created.and created dependencies at characteristics level.

now , when i am creating the sales order with the material i created i am getting as the material is not defined for these sales org and dis channel. how can i check for which sales org and disr.channel the mat is created.while creating the mat i dint mention anythng sales org or dist channel.

and i am expecting as soon as the i enter the mat and order quantity and select the vc button i ll directly go to the VC char.value assignment screen.will this happen automatically or do i need to check anything more?

any inputs will be really appreciated...( but dont provide any links...;) )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a material, you would be assigning plant, sales organization, Dist channel. In case you did not mention anything about sales Org / Dis channel it means either you did not select sales views or you took whatever system proposed as defaults.

You could check from table MVKE in which sales Org or Dist Channel your material was created.

In sales order, once you enter configurable material, system would pop up a dialog box from where you can select your variants.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when you create material using MM01 and select views sales org1 and sales org two system will ask for sales org distribution channel and the plant

regards,

krishna prasad