Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I mistakingly changed the authorization template of

Server->Services->Security Provider->Runtime->Policy Configuration->SAP-J2EE-ENGINE component

and now that I want to log on to Visual Administrator I get:

Error while connecting

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication failed.

and when I check the trace I see:

-------- predecessor system --------
com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication failed.
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:168)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.FastLoginContext.login(FastLoginContext.java:181)
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.login(RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.java:72)
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.java:64)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)
	at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)
Caused by: com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.DetailedLoginException: javax.security.auth.callback.UnsupportedCallbackException: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseUnsupportedCallbackException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityResourceBundle', ID='Handler com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask@19ed7e does not support callback com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.SerializableGetterCallback@3727c5', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Handler com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask@19ed7e does not support callback com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.SerializableGetterCallback@3727c5
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteCallbackHandlerImpl.handle(RemoteCallbackHandlerImpl.java:92)
	at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteCallbackHandlerImpl_Skel.dispatch(RemoteCallbackHandlerImpl_Skel.java:63)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)
	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:716)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:165)
	... 13 more

How can I set back the original authentication template to SAP-J2EE-ENGINE component?

Thanks a lot,

Tanguy Mezzano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the problem is related that the authentication module stack cannot be found, this line in the trace is causing the problem:

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.DetailedLoginException: javax.security.auth.callback.UnsupportedCallbackException: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseUnsupportedCallbackException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityResourceBundle', ID='Handler com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask@3727c5 does not support callback com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.SerializableGetterCallback@1140709', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Handler com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask@3727c5 does not support callback com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.SerializableGetterCallback@1140709

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanguy,

You might have changed the Authentication stack in Visual Administrator.

Use the OfflineCFGEditor to change to the default Login Module.

Check out this SAP Note for more information:

Note 957355 - Cannot Login to Visual Administrator

Regards,

Karthick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Problem is completely solved

Best regards,

Tanguy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

the "Reset to default" button is not there...

With the Config tool, could you tell me what part I should change to restore normal authentication scheme to access VA?

I suppose the values to be changed are in the; Global properties->com.sap.security.core.ume.service

But I cannot figure out what to change...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to the same window again and try to check that "restore all to default" is present or not.

I think it must be there.

Click on that and you will be back to original

Former Member
0 Kudos

or use the config tool