cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Consumption of a material through Delivery (WM activities,Post GI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I would manage the internal consumption of a material through Deliveries (as well as the WM related activities).

I guess I have probably three possibilities:

- to use a particular Delivery type.. (not Order-referred)

- to use a specific Order type (such as a "Consumption Sales Order")...

- to use a special Work Order.. (?)

...but I'm not sure about how to set up the related IM movement type..

..any alternatives or precious hints?!

Thank you so much

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I think you shoul explain the business scenario of this 'internal consumption' because in my opinion maybe it's not very clear. Knowing the business process itself people here are likely to give a hand.

So, please give the details...

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

well..

for "internal consumption" I mean material consumption for a specific project or for an internal use, that causes a Post GI (WBS, Cost Center)

Currently we are using "Reservations" (with IM movement type 221, or sometimes 201) to manage this "internal consumption"..

..but since we are going to adopt WM and since we want to post GI only after the WM activities

we should refer each (WM)Transfer Order to a Delivery (I guess a peculiar Delivery type to which we should link the IM movement type 221..)

I don't know if there are other ways to manage this scenario...

If you need more information...

Thank you very much for your attention

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

If u want to go with inventory mangagement with WM...

Check with rhis process..Other Goods Mvt->Goods Issue->Picking with TR->Confirm TO..

From sas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sas,

I'm not sure I have understood your hint..

Can you give me some more details ?!

Thanks

Andrea

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You mean you would like to do first WM transaction and only after that IM.

What I can't understand is how will you have harmony between IM & WM if you do a dummy-delivery in order to pick up the parts and after that you book a GI (e.g. 201). In this case you would have two IM posting (MB1A + 201 plus VL02N+PGI) vs. one WM posting...or I haven't caught your scenario as well as I should.

It is possible to do first WM booking (you create a TR in LB01 with reference to a cost center, production order, etc and starting from LB10 you can convert this TR to TO and realize the WM movement.

After that you can post the same in IM and in this case WM and IM would be in harmony.

But I would avoid such thing...I would prefer the booking first in IM and only after that a booking in WM...otherwise you may have problems and face inconsistencies...and solve these problems after long investigations...

Why do they need the GI after picking? In case of production it is in use (material staging and only after that GI from storage type 100) and OK. Maybe you should follow this kind of method.

You can create TR and from LB10 create a TO to move the goods from one storage bin to another (that is created for this purpose) and book the IM transaction when its time comes.

Just my ideas...

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

first of all, thank you very much for your attention and for your precious hints.

well.. they want to post GI after the WM activities because they absolutely prefer to confirm the accounting operations only after they have really unloaded the warehouse.. It is a specific requirement..

Unfortunately we don't use PP so I think we cannot adopt that solution.. while about the other two possibilities:

1) "first WM, then IM booking.." scenario

I checked this solution with a TR w/reference to a Cost Center (201), and I also tried to set the same flow with the 221(WBE) but I'm not sure the 10 characters field in LB01 could satisfy our WBE code (21 character)..

2) So I'm considering the Delivery scenario

We could use a Delivery instead of the (current) Reservations.

But I am not sure it is possible to enter a WBS/Cost Center in a Delivery.. do I have to set & use a specific Delivery type..?!

Thank you a lot

Andrea

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about this? (CNS0)

(I bumped into this thread and maybe you can use it)

Csaba

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4c/227cdc46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 20, 2008 1:38 PM