cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP6.0 & Oracle 9.2.0.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is EP6.0 SP9 compatible with oracle 9.2.0.7 ?

Regards,

Rukmani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rukmani,

the good thing about sap is that you can customize it to the extent what you really wanted using the upgrade phenomenon with the help of SAP notes.

i hope EP6.0 SP9 is well compatible with Oracle 9.2.0.0.7.

hope it helps.

regards,

guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Oracle patch 9.2.0.7 was applied. When I try to install web as6.40 i get the error com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException:Could not load class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. I have set the classpath to G:\Oracle\Ora92\lib. Kindly help

Regards,

Rukmani

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rukmani

Seems like your Oracle Patch is a buggy version. Here's the proof.

Try installing with another patch set.

Hope that helped.

Best Regards

Priya

P.S: Rewarding points for helpful answers is SDN's way of saying "Thank You!"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Your answer was helpful. Now I started installed EP6.0 on the top of WEB AS6.4, but it is hanging at "Deploy additional portal components". And no error messages are thrown. Kindly help

Regards,

Rukmani

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rukmani

The deployment step usually takes a very long time to get completed. Though it seems like the installation has hung, it is indeed progressing. Do not worry. But even after hours at long, your installation remains incomplete, then STOP the installation (do not reset). Start your J2EE Engine manually and then continue the old installation again. This time it will definitely work.

Hope that helped.

Best Regards

Priya

P.S: Good to know that I was of help. It could have been even nice if I was rewarded with points for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

It takes more than 4 hours. But as you said there is no stop option. There is only cancel and logoff options

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rukmani

Click on the cancel button. You will see three buttons there. Click on the STOP button.

Hope that helped.

Best Regards

Priya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these tips –

1) Oracle patch 9.2.0.7 contains two patches - OUI and. Have you applied both the patches on top of the same Oracle installed path?

2) The Oracle 9iR2 Patch Set installation needs some Oracle Services to be Stopped. Have you started those services back after the installation?

3) If 1 and 2 is already done, can you paste the exact error from the log file?

Regards,

Anup

Note: If found useful, please contribute points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Default shipped with EP 6.0 is Oracle 9.2.0.5 and patches are also provided.

So with a higher version we do not generally expect any issue.

Regards,

Divakar