cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can anyone tell how Condition update is used. What is the purpose of condition update. Please explain with example.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Condition update" is use to accumulate the value and to compare against the limit set in the cond.record. Once the limit is reached than the said condition is automatically deactivated.

Business scenario:

It is mostly used during the launch of new product in the market for giving introductory offer/discount.

Suppose, I have launch new soap with brand name ABC. To get an quick entry in the competetive market, I have declared an introductory discount of 20%, which is applicable for the first two orders irrespective of quantity or value of purchase.

Here, condition update is very useful.

So ,I create a condition record for the discount condition type K004, for material discount, in the new condition maintainance interface ,i.e. using T.code VK31 and save it. In the condition record,in change mode, enter the limit as "2 orders" in the "No of orders" column.

Go to the condition type detail screen in the IMG and activate the "condition update" field there.

Now create order for the material. You will find that for the first two orders , system is giving the discount of 20%, but if you will create the 3rd order(there will be no discount). This discount will be automatically deactivated.Beacuse it has exceeded the limit.

You can set condition update in 3 types. You can set the limit in terms of "Number of orders", " Maximum Condition value", " Maximum Condition base value" as per the choice of the organisation.

I hope it is clear.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done exactly as Pradyumna suggests for a maximum condition value of $100.00. My condition type is a discount. But I have created enough orders to use up all of the $100 in discount value and SAP is still applying the discount to new orders.

I am on 4.6C and see some notes that should fix this problem. However even after applying the notes, it is still not working correctly. Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Thanks, Laurie

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

When you want update the current price in the open orders you will use Update for that condition.

For example recently CST Has been changed from 3% to 2% as per Govt rule from June onwards it should applicable so at this time we need to change condition records from 3 to 2% after that to update that in the open sale orders which are created already we will select the CST conditon type in the item condition tab then click on Update push buton then select carry out new pricing in the selection screen now system will carry the new % of CST

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.