Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

I've got a few questions here regarding MBO:

1) Can someone kindly advise which are the authorisation objects are to control the following fields in PHAP_ADMIN.

I know P_HAP_DOC is used, but does this authoristion object restricts the following fields:

- Appraisal Template

- Appraisal Status

2) How does the authorisation of Appraisal works in ESS, if I want to restrict employees accessing only their own data.

3) If I want to give access for seeing the status of certain induction, how should I do?

Appreciate your help!

-BT

4 REPLIES 4

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) the appraisal template itself is a field in P_HAP_DOC and can be controlled from there. furthermore you would need 'a few' PLOG objects to control amongst others the different statuses for objects VA (and VB & VC).

2) the appraissal process, from an authorization point of view, works exactly the same in ESS as it would normally in a gui. depending on whether you use strcutural/context based authorizations, there are options to restrict users access to only their own data.

3) certain induction? in the physical or electrical sense? )

good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) How does the authorisation of Appraisal works in ESS, if I want to restrict employees accessing only their own data.

I think this can be done also by turing the auth switch PERNR on, and controlling access to the employee's personnel number through P_PERNR?

SPRO ->Personnel Management ->Personnel Administration -> Tools -> Authorization Management ->
Maintain Authorization Main Switches -> Choose Maintain authorization main switches -> 
Change PERNR to value 1 (or t-code OOAC)

Edited by: Bernard Sheridan on Jun 17, 2008 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I managed to get this one solved by myself.

0 Kudos

can you please tell the solution to the ESS issue...