Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Lane - Demand Flow

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can someone explain me how the demand flow from one location to other location.

I mean i have

A - Subcontractor Location.

B - Production Location

C- DC.

I have maintained transportation lane between B & C.

I have loaded my planning book at location C. When i enter some values in Dis.Receipt KF for the part number at location C, this is visible in Dist.Planned KF at location B.

Does transportation lane which is maintained between B&C plays the role here to flow the demand from B&C ?

Or Apart from Transportation lanes is some other factor responsible for this ?

Please explain.

Regards

BVN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear BVN,

I assume that your question is related to SOURCE DETERMINATION.The Source determination in SNP heuristic run considers the following factors sequentially:

1.Inbound quota arrangements(Multi Sourcing Scenario)

2.Priorities

3.Costs

4.Procurement Type

5.Validity of the Source(MOT,PPM/PDS).

6.Lot Sizing.

If there is no valid T-Lane(DC with Proc Type F) or no valid PPM/PDS(Source with Proc Type E),the system creates SNP Stock Transfer or SNP Planned Order without reference to a source of supply.

Regards,

Samir Baruah

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Samir ,

Thanks for the information. But my problem is very peculiar and not able to understand the system behaviour. Scenario is as below.

We have the following

1.Distribution Center.

2.Production Location.

3.Subcontractor Location.

Demand at DC has to be covered at Prod.Locaiton. To maintain this we have maintained the T.Lanes between Prod.Location & DC.Also we have maintained the T.Lane between Sub Cont. Location & Prod.Location so that the demand at Prod.Location will be covered by Sub Contr.Locatin.

When we execute Location heuristics at Prod.Location system plans in Vendor location as expected.But when we execute Network heuristics the system plans in Production location itself.

Master Data Maintained :

1.Procurement Type at DC - F

2.Procurement Type at Pro.Locaiton - X

3.Procurement Type at Sub.Con.Loaction - X

• Transportation Lane maintained between Production Location & Distribution Center.

• Transportation Lane maintatined betweeen Sub Contractor Location & Production Location.

*PPM maintained in Subcontractor Location / Production Location with same priority and no cost factor.

*No Quota Arrangement maintained.

Why the system do not plan in the vendor location when we run the network heuristics ?

Regards

BVN

Answers (0)