cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecatt SAP GUI Method in back ground

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know, is Ecatt SAP GUI scripting possible to run in background?.

Thanks for allotting your precious time

Regards,

Chinnu

Edited by: Chinnu Reddy on Jun 17, 2008 2:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/34/f1bd3b68746a68e10000000a11402f/content.htm

You can try out the Start option and there go to UI control and set them in Background...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

There is no option to select for back ground proccessing in SAP GUI start options please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot do it directly, but check this option

Start options are selected before a script is processed. You have the following options:

Process in Foreground, Synchronous Local The script is processed in the foreground, i. e. with a user interface. All actions of the script can be observed on screen. The database is updated synchronously. This option ensures that all input values have been updated in the database before the next step in the script is executed. For tests using eCATT, you should always select one of the options with synchronous update for the reason mentioned above.

Display Errors Only, Synchronous Local This option processes the script in the background, i. e. without user interface. If an error occurs during the execution, the respective position is displayed in the user interface. The error can now be manually corrected. The script is then continued in the background until another error occurs or the test case has been completed. The database is updated synchronously.

Process in Background, Synchronous Local This option processes the script completely in the background. There is no output to the screen. Errors are not reported immediately. After the script has been executed, they can be viewed in the automatically created log of the eCATT run. The database is updated synchronously.

Process in Background, Asynchronous Update This option processes the script completely in the background. The database is updated asynchronously. This means that the control flow might return to the script before the updater has changed all values in the database. For a subsequent step of the script, it can therefore not be guaranteed that a change from a previous step has been implemented in the database.

Please check this link

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/htmlleseproben/gp/htmlprobID-56

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak.

I hope those options only applicable when we used TCD recording please.I am trying to run the script which was recorded through SAP GUI method in back ground.

Please let me know your inputs.

Regards,

Chinnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think so also.

I would try at my end other options. If successful, will post here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak..