cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jdbc adapter: DeliveryException error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the following synchronous scenario: RFC <-> JDBC Adapter.

The RFC is executed many times in a job and 99% of them works well, but some of them I receive the error:

Returning synchronous error notification to calling application: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Vitor Zaninotto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are getting error whenever there is a connection refresh between SAP R/3 and XI. you can resolve it by following way.

Actually the RFC sender channel will try to reconnect to the SAP Gateway. If this reconnect fails, the next reconnect attempt is made after a waiting period of 1 second. If the next reconnect fails also, the waiting period is doubled and so on. This will lead to a reconnect timing of 1, 2, 4, 8, ..., 3600 seconds. Saving recources is the aim of this technique.

Once the maximum time is reached, the RFC channel does not stop connecting. It continues to try connecting indefinitely. The waiting period is a constant interval of the maximum time that is set, i.e. after every 3600ms.

If not configured, the maximum waiting time is defined in the middleware layer of SAP JCO, which is 3600 seconds. But this maximum time can be configured for each RFC sender channel in the XI Integration Directory. Open the Advanced Mode for the RFC Server Parameter.

Before SP 12: Add a line to the table and use 'jco.server.max_startup_delay' as name and the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts as value.

Since SP 12: Enter the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts in the field Maximum Reconnect Delay.

Gaurav Jain

Reward Points if answer is helpful

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy your XML from the sxmb_moni and paste it in the IR, Test tab and verify once again...

If there is any problem please ask me

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mention specific DeliveryException error in your synch scenario.

Please check the blog

/people/luis.melgar/blog/2008/05/13/synchronous-soap-to-jdbc--end-to-end-walkthrough