cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I have a scenario with a proxy with a SAP backend system, this worked in the past. Now there has been an update on the backend system (Kernel update and several Service Packs) and my proxy doesn't work anymore. Do they need to be re-generated and activated again?

Best regards,

Guido

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yup...you have to regenerate the proxy.

Reagards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have updated on the backend system, then you need to check with the configurations of PROXY.

Try to test the PROXY conection. Even check if the RFC destination Paswword is consitant or not

Debug of Proxy calls :

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 17, 2008 1:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thnx for all the replies.

I want to regenerate the proxies in my backend system and now it ask me for Package and prefix. What do I need to fill in for these?

Best regards,

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You fill in whatever package you want them to be stored under.

Packages are used to store and group related ABAP code (like programs, functionmodules etc). To create a package to store your proxy under, go to transaction SE80 -> Repository Browser, select package from the dropdown list and write a name. Then create.

Customer developed packages usually start with Z or a namespace defined for your company/project, f ex /COMPANY_NAME/.

For my proxies I always use the namespace generated by the project /PROJECT_NAME/. You can also use the letter Z as a prefix.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem in Re-generating the Proxy in Application server.

Do it again, thats not a problem

Regards

Seshagiri