cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max extents error!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using modify statement for updating the transparent table but getting an error ORA-01632 max extents(300) reached.Now even I have set the data size of the table to 4.Still the problem remains.Please give the solution for it ASAP.

Thanks and regards,

Mr.Sonal Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you've reached the maximum number of extents permitted for a table in your database, then redefining the data size of the table in SAP won't help; this redefinition (so far as I know) redefines the size of the next extent that will be assigned to the table and can do nothing if the database settings won't permit your table to grab another extent.

Your database administrator should be able to change the max extents setting which should fix your problem. A defragmentation of your database would also fix it, but this is a fairly major exercise. The only way that I can think that you can fix it yourself, would be for you to create a new version of your table with a larger size category right from the start, copy your data into it and discard your old table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

first you should set the maxextenst to unlimited, as a quick fix,

to avoid erros as the table can nomore grow.

ALTER TABLE "<OWNER>"."<Table_name>" STORAGE ( MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED)

Than when the first danger is prevented, you should think about doing a online reorg of the table so that you can increase the initial and next extent size in order to reduce the extent count.

Kind regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

iWhat is your OS,DB and SAP Release ?Generally this error for max extend was very common in Oracle 7 and oracle 8.17. However, oracle has rectified this bug in oracle 8.1.7.4.

Can you check for which Particular table this error is coming ? can you post the error ?

Regards,

King V.