cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Entry with ITSMobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question regarding barcode scanning with ITSMobile. When creating the templates for the transactions that are visible on the mobile device: What is the standard way to do that?

Creating the templates for the RF transaction (LM01,...) or creating templates for other (non-RF transactions), Is it common to use the mobile data entry infrastructure with ITS mobile? If yes, for what RF transaction do i have to create templates?

Many thanks in advance

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

thanks for your detailled answer. In the last days I got a quite good overview on the ITSmobile infrastructure.

When I was talking about the "mobile data entry infrastructure" I did not mean the Sap Netweaver Mobile Infrastructure. What I had in mind was the whole business logic around the LM transactions.

For our project, we will need to develop additional dynpros in order to show all our business processes on the screen of the mobile devices. How are these additional files linked to the standard LM transactions?

I mean, using the LM transactions I will have a menu and predefined screenflows. At what "level" am I able to insert our own dynpros? Or is it just a question of the internet adress the mobile device is calling?

Is there a standard estimation for customizing these LM transactions? Can they become quite comlex?

Tanks in advance and best regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the complete screenflow is developed in ABAP - ITSmobile is just responsible

to change the UI. So develop everythink in ABAP like in the last 20 years before, and

than change the UI to ITSmobile.

The URL is linked to a SICF service and this service links to the HTML templates that

would be used during runetime.

The efforts are in a normal case low, but this is all a question on the requirements

and the system landscape (f.e. to integrate a 4.7 R3 system over ITSmobile is more complex

as a NW7.00 system.)

There is a fixed price consulting service that offers you the migration...

(write me a mail if you need more information)

Bye

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. One additional question:

Sap Help says:

"The maintenance size of the screen must be adjusted to the screen size of the mobile device. The HTML template generator uses the maintenance size of the screens (number of rows / columns) to build an HTML table with a character matrix. "

So how can i find out, what ABAP screen size I will have to use, when developing a custom transaction to be displayed on my mobile device via ITSmobile. The screen of my mobile device is: 240 x 320

Best regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

max 16. rows and 20 colums but this also depends of your mobile device / operating system / using internet explorer.

When you work with main and sub dynpros the size must also be smaller.

(you should develop 1 or 2 screens and look how it would be displayed on the mobile device)

You have also the option to minimize the size by using the CSS styles in the central file.

Bye

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need business logik so you need RF transactions.

In ERP you can use the LMxx transaction - often customer develop additional customer transactions.

In EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) you start the tx /SCWM/RFUI there are many additional

developed ABAP transaction with additional business logic. (EWM is an other SAP System = complete other case)

In AII the TX /AIN/MOBILE1 give you the chance to use also mobile transactions.

In a normale case you need small screens otherwise not everythink can be displayed on the mobile device

(you need scrollbars and this can be use in a productive way)

For you an overview:

The ITSmobile give you the possiblity to bring ABAP Dynpro (not WebDynpro) transcation to a mobile device.

On a mobile device you can not install a SAPGui - but can use a internet browser.

The mobile data entry infrastructure have nothing to do with ITSmobile (I think you mean mobile infrastructure)

it will be used when you also need offline usage (ITSmobile will just used for online scenarios)

I think you need additonal time for the mobile device integration

- it is not so easy to bring to you the complete story and there is much...

Bye

Christoph