cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM WebServices integration with BOBJ Data quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In the past , I had posted queries on the above but did not get any reply . Going forward there is going to be need for increased integration between SAP MDM and BOBJ Data quality tool . One of the engagement scenarios calls for performing data quality activities in SAP MDM using BOBJ DQ , Scenario is going to look like this :

• Load the records in SAP MDM from source system

• Execute WebServices on top of the record in the MDM repository to send them to BO data quality services e.g. Validate ZIP number , Add ZIP number if not available in BO for all the US based addresses

• Get the result set and then update the fields in the SAP MDM repository .

I know for sure out-of-box web services e.g. CRUD can not do this job . Any thoughts as to how this can be enables . I know the standrad reply would be custom code but if some one can provoide concrete logical steps that would be good or any other thoughts .

This kind of scenarios are going to be encountered more and more in future whenever there is heavy duty data cleansing/enrichment requirement need to be met as part of SAP MDM implementation in conjunction with BO DQ/Other tool , as SAP MDM's data quality capabilities are not that matured more from enrichment perspetive .

Helpful answers would be nicely/handsomely rewarded !

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how I would do this.

1. Develop an custom enrichment adapter

2. This adaptor consumes the Syndicated MDM record

3. Make this enrichment adapter call the DQ webservices

4. Update the enriched data back into MDM using an Import Map

The enrichment adapter is basically going to make a call to the DQ webservice and provide the enriched data back to MDM. Hope that helps.