cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Quality Inspection Lot Trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP gurus,

when i Release the Process Order the Inprocess Quality inspection lot is generated.

Sometimes due to cancellation of order or some breakdown of equipment i have to cancel the order so this lot remains as it is.

In other case lot created of next orders confuses Quality persons with current orders lot as i release the next week orders also.(Batchs doesn't help them !)

so i wanted to know that is it possible that Inprocess inspection lot is generated only after the Confirmation of Process order.

Thanx in advance

ACP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In co02 ,go to functions selection inspn lot....> delete.Lot will be delected.Pl reward if found useble.

Regards,

Rajaram.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the requirement is that as i do stagewise confirmation that should trigger the inspection lot.

After stage confirmation lot is generated & QA clears the lot.

After GRN ( i.e. 04 type ) the process takes 4-5 days to complete.In that case in-process inspection entries will be pending .

Thanx

ACP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me try to explain you

In process inspection is done prior to confirmation,Assume if sys allows as you have said-like first confirmation then inspection then whats the use?

I mean if u confirm the qty say 5 as yield then later on while inspecting u found 3 are rejected then wht you confirmed will be wrong,So confirmation should always be done after inspection & thats how it works in SAP

Hope the above is understandable

Regards,

SVP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to All

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ACP,

When ever you need to cancel the process order, before cancelling it go to Function>Inspection lot>Cancel. in the process order itself. (COR3). That will cancel that particular lot for the process order release activity. But it will work only while Result Recordign is not started for the inspection lot.

update us to help you more, reward points to help you better!

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ACP,

You can get inspection lot after confirmation after confirmation is possible by following way :

In Material Master QM view maintain Inspection type as 04 (Goods receipt inspection from production) which now you may have maintained as 03 (IN-process inspection) then only you can have inspection lot generated at the time GR means after your operations have confirmed.

However if it is necessary to maintain inspection type 03 for you then it is evident that quality inspection lot will be generated with the release of process order.

Pls. check the same and revert if any doubt.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Tejas