cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Offline : NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to NWDI stuff. So help needed to gain some understanding.

I am working on a Web Dynpro project. I have downloaded source code from NWDI Server which is in our Client site. We have to connect through VPN client to gain access to Client site's SLD and NWDI. So whenever I develop something new like view or adding component etc an activity is created and is added to DTR.

Now we are facing a problem right now. We are not able to connect to client site through VPN as VPN server is down at client site. But I want to continue the development in my side. Can I work offline without connecting to NWDI? Can I add all the new offline developments I have done to Activity later?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have checked -in your DC earlier and have checked out the DC by making an activity, you can continue your developments in offline mode safely.

When you connect to VPN, you can check in your activity and the changes will reflect.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Thanks for response and suggestion.

You mean to say that adding of new view or any component to checked out DC will not create any problem?

Will it create a problem in future? I am somewhat very doubtful in doing so. Just a fear that I may loose all my new developments.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used to work disconnected , but one thing you need to make sure that all your new files are added to the activity once connected and get it checked in.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyaparaj,

OK.. So we can add new developments to Activity. That was what I was looking for. Thank you. That solves my problem.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can safely edit the DC checked in earlier and whose activity has been created for editing when you were online.

However, you will not be able to make changes in offline mode that require to add files to the DTR .

Regards,

Sudeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible.U can work offline but later when u

connect to DTR server all the changes that u have done will be

lost.Try creating a Local DC u need to copy src folder from

dtr DCto local DC.later when ur server is up u can copy

changes from Local Dc to DTR Dc.

Regards

Surender Dahiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

I was fearing the same.Seriously it is an headache...

Now I have to copy already developed developments in to local DC, make changes in local DC and then again copy the same back to DTR DC when VPN is up. Any ways it seems there is no other solution. Thanks for suggestion buddy.

Regards,

Gopal