Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer Usage

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the timers in the applications developed using dynpro for ABAP. If yes please help me in knowing the same.

Thanks,

selvakumar M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use TimedTrigger UI element.

Place the UI element on your View and assign an Event for onAction property

and set the delay property of the UI element to the number of seconds you want it to trigger everytime.

Abhi

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

This is my scenario, i am devloping a test portal i need to display a clock which shows the current system time. And i need to make the user to finish his test within a particular time say one hour. now the deal is as the user navigates thru various views for different question i must have the total time he has used and force him out of test if one hour s over. please help me in using a timed trigger for entire set views.

thanks,

selva M.

Edited by: selvakumar mohan on Jun 17, 2008 8:31 AM

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for this TimedTrigger is not needed.

Just take a context attribute and set it with the system time when the exam start button is clicked.

and in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method write your logic , this is executed before rendering the UI.

compare the context attribute time with the current time if the difference is 60 Mins then navigate to some other view rather next question view.

Abhi

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

Your Reply for So helpful. i am so curious about displaying the timers like thing which is just like count down one which counts down to zero minutes from sixty minutes.

Thanks,

selva M.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ya

that will do

Abhi

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

Thank you so much. your reply was so useful. And it worked out too thank you so much

Thanks,

Selva M.

Answers (0)