cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the path to copy third party jars in SAP Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My application needs some third party jars. Currently I am making reference to those jars by creating a DC with all the jars. But the deployment of that par is taking more time. So I would to like to copy these jars at the Server directly. So that runtime references can be taken from there.

Currently I am placing the jars at the location C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\system. But it is for the cluster..Is there any other location(independent of cluster) for the whole of the server when I can keep all my third party jars???

One more question I am getting the following error while restarting the server after copying all the jars to C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\system.

How to get rid of following error???

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 09:50:01 2008

[Thr 720] JControlMSReadMessage: NiPeek() returns -5 NIETIMEOUT

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 09:55:21 2008

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 10:00:41 2008

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 10:06:01 2008

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 10:11:22 2008

[Thr 720] Tue Jun 17 10:16:42 2008

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

A better approach to use third party jars in your application is through creation of libraries and then referencing these libraries through application.xml.

Using the "Deploy Tool" provided by SAP, you can bundle all the third party jars in a Server Library, and then use them as a reference like any other Used DC's reference .

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

Thank you for your reply.

Currently I am doing in that way only. I would like to keep these jars in the server repository rather than having them like a library. As those jars are thirdparty jars and no need to modify them.

I can add them in ther server repository at the location C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\system But as this is for the single cluster I need to add jars for every cluster. So I am looking for a path which every cluster runtime can refer.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar on Jun 19, 2008 1:23 PM

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Don't try this. If you change libs in the directory, the system is not aware of them. On every startup it is checking the files in the system and may overwrite them from the database.

This is not recommended and you loose support that way.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I tried this approach by copying jars(3rd party) to the path C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\system. We no need to modify these jars any time in the future. and also SAP is not dependent on these jars. In Runtime these jars can be directly referred. I tested this and working fine.

This can reduce deployment time for the library DC. Is nt it?

Please enlighten me more on your following comment. What exactly the problem we gets if I follow the above approach.

If you change libs in the directory, the system is not aware of them. On every startup it is checking the files in the system and may overwrite them from the database.

This is not recommended and you loose support that way.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's plain easy:

There are several operations, for example you add a new server node, the the system installs everything it knows about (basically a copy of your server, but from the database, not from the file system). Your manually copied files will not be there. You may "think" about it, but we all know how reliable this is.

Also, If you ever have any kind of support issue around this, SAP support will ask you to do it in the recommended way - that is to use deployment.

I'd say you can handle the risk in a development environment, but never do this in a production system.

Regards,

Benny