cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in transportation..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When m trying to transport IR and ID objects then m getting an error that a business system, which is there in DEV, does not exist in PRD.

Is it necessary to have same Product, SWCV, Business system in PRD as they werei in DEv or we can import in any SWC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure for trtansporting the Objects

IR & ID

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm

how to do transport objects from DEV to QA>

In Integration Repository object:

Right click on the Namespace which you want to send to Quality system and select the export optin and export

it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\export\sample.tpz

<what to do after creation of .tpz files for DEV>

This file will be copied and pasted in follwoing path of QA

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import\sample.tpz

Similar procedure for directory

Right click on the configuration scenarion in development which you want to send to Quality select the export

optin and export it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\directory_server\export\sample.tpz

<how to reflect it in QA >

then login to the IR of the Quality select the Tools--Import option you will get this tpz file and import it and

activate.

Comming to SLD

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blogs

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, i would like to know what should be the proper steps to transport all XI objects from DEV to PRD. My scenario is Proxy - Xi- File.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.if i use full export for transporting SLD from DEV to QA,can i use the same tecnical systems and business systems in QA?

Can T.S and B.S also get transported from DEV to QA?

You can use same technical systems and Business systems.

1. Go to Dev SLD and Export all your SWCV, Products, Technical and Business Systems. This is nothing but saving of the SLD objects as a CIM file on your local machine. You would also need to export the Technical And Business System poitning to your XI integration server .

2. Go to the QA SLD and then import these objects exported in Step 1 in QA SLD

3. Now, create the QA Tech and Business Systems in the QA SLD

4. Go to the Dev Business systems imported on the QS SLD and you will have an option Transport Targets. In this map the Source Business System to the Target Business Systems.

Make sure that all Dev Business Systems have the correspodning Transport Targets for the QA Business SYstems

5. Now if you import the ID objects in QA , the business systems name will be renamed automatically.

2.In such case how to define business systems groups and transport targets?

You need to create Transport Groups on your QA SLD. One for Dev and One for QA. You can create Transport Groups only for Integration Server Business Systems.

And this is why you would need to export the Dev XI technical System and Business System from the SLD of Dev and Import it into the QA SLD.

2. Create the transport groups and then assign all Dev Business Systems to Dev Group, all QA Business Systems to QA group and then create the transport targets.

You use the Option related Integration server in the Business Systems to assign a Business System to a Group.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna!

1."Is it necessary to have same Product, SWCV, Business system in PRD as they werei in DEv or we can import in any SWC."

Yes It is necessary to have the same Product, SWCV but Business system can be different.

2."When m trying to transport IR and ID objects then m getting an error that a business system, which is there in DEV, does not exist in PRD."

A business s/m in DEV will not exist in PRD unless or until u transport the SLD objects (i.e the business s/m from Dev to Prd) or create a new business system in PRD seperately.

(Reward points if found useful)

Thanks,

Laawanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laawanya,

If i will create a new BS in prod then...my scenario's transported from DEV would have BS of dev in them and modidifcation is not allowed here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanna,

As u have mentioned, If u dont have "EDIT PERMISSIONS", then there is no use creating a new business system in PRD.But instead u can create a technical s/m and business s/m with the same name as u have used with "DEV" and proceed wid the steps given by Khimavath

Thanks,

Laawanya