Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Abap - Tree

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

i'm working with the Element TREE and now i'm wondering if it is possible to build a tree like that (similar to the tree in sapgui abap):

node

-subnode

-subnode Item1 Item2 Item3

Because all my Item-Fields are always in the next row after the subnode?

kind regards oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Yes, this is possible. Just switch off the root node by setting rootNodeVisible = false in the view designer.

Kind regards,

Thomas

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

well i tried this but my tree looks like before.

i set at the tree level rootNodeVisible = false , but i wonder how the system should know to put all the items in one row instead of in more rows????

kind regards,

oliver

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I initially thought you wanted to display your own root node. Well, the Tree does not allow to display multiple items horizontially. You could use a table with a hierarchial column to achieve this. Each item would then become a column in the table.

Kind regards,

Thomas

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

well, and, how to achive this in detail, i cannot find any attribute where i can say "hierarchical column"????

kind regards so far,

oliver

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi thomas, sorry now i know what u mean, element table and so on.....ok kind regards oliver

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

now i worked around a bit, but am i right that with the combination table and tree inside i can have only one node (master column).

i would need n nodes and on each node n items horizontally? how could this be done`?

kind regards oliver

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Is the number of items fixed? If yes, just add more columns to the table and display them there. Another option would be to determine the max number of horizontially displayed items and to add as many columns dynamically at the runtime.

Just wondering, why do the items need to be displayed horizontially and not as leafs as part of the tree?

Kind regards,

Thomas

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

there is a lot information which should be displayed horizontally at the node, like images with links etc.

I guess the Nesting Tree in a Table could work, am i right?

kind regards oliver

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

>I guess the Nesting Tree in a Table could work, am i right?

Yes. Another option would be to use the *ByKey version of the hierarchy column. Using it, you don't need to have a recursive nodes in the context, but a only a single non-recursive one. The parent relationship needs to be expressed via two attributes of this node, one containing the id of the current item and the other one the id of the parent under which it will appear once rendered (there are corresponding attributes in the ui elements, which have to be bound). Btw. There is no need to order the elements concerning their parent relationship. The renderer does that automatically.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)