cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT registration No. in Company Code Global Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried to enter the Vat registration No. for a New Zealand Company Code and i have faced the error as "Entry of a VAT reg.no.is only possible for co.codes in EC countries"

Pls let me know config step to enter the VAT reg no irrespective of the above mentioned error.

Thank you

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

The VAT registration number in the global CC-Data is used within the EU for the "EC sales list". The VAT reg.-nr. will be checked by country specific rules.

The message is correct, because New Zealand is not a member of the EU.

Pls. check "Environment / Additional data". Is there a datafield you can use for your taxnumber?

Best regards

Horst

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Dear Gopi,

The VAT Registration No. field is reserved for only European countries, with an exception to Canada and few others.

By system design, the VAT registration number cannot be entered via transaction code OBY6 for non-EU countries. However, the following workaround can be used to accomplish this:

1. Turn ON the EU country switch (T005-XEGLD) in the Country Global Parameters via trans OY01.

2. Enter the VAT registration no. in the Company Code Global Data via transaction code OBY6.

3. Turn OFF the EU country switch (T005-XEGLD) in the Country Global Parameters via transaction code OY01. This switch should be turned OFF.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could anyone help on ther above issue reg VAT Reg No.

Thank you

Gopi