cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBase for NON-SAP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I understand we need to create iBase for all NON-SAP System? I donu2019t seem to find the options to create NON-SAP Component list after I create iBase via IB51. Example I create install base Number 403. I went to IB52 and put the 403 in the Install Base and Clicked on the GREEN ARROW and looked for options to add entries for NON-SAP Systems? I donu2019t find it? Does anyone knows how to do it? Am I missing any steps before that?

Please let me know!

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar-

The only reason I see for adding your Non-SAP systems to the iBase is to log, track and report on Service Desk notifications that occur on non-SAP systems or for non-system related issues.

You wont find any specific instruction for adding non-SAP related entries to the iBase because it is sort of a work around (so to speak) for being able to use the Service Desk for items outside of SAP.

You can manually maintain non-System entries in the iBase in the text area.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you're saying, I have enter all NON-SAP system in the Text area tab.

Lets say I have Entered entry call: 1) Network 2) Exchange Server

How about the Components choice then? for an example when you go to NOTIF_CREATE to create message, you need to enter iBase/System and Components.

Isn't iBase/System mapped with components?

and also...when at IB51 to create iBase? what catogery number do I choose? 01 "Installed Base"

Please explain me further.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar I answered it in your other post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

you dont have to select an SAP component.

All of the fields can be made optional, but you may need to change some configuration if you do. For instance, there is an access sequence that uses the sold-to-party assigned to the ibase to fill in the field in the ticket. If you hide it or make it optional, you will need to tweak that access sequence to account for this. You may also need to look at bullet proofing you support team assignment rules to allow for a value being null.

The report RDSWP_NOTIF_CREATE_CUSTOMIZE_S allows you to customize NOTIF_CREATE.

You can make them mandatory (or not mandatory in your case), give them a default value, or hide them.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason.

thank once again for your explanations.

Do you know what exact code to make the Component Field "Optional" for t-code: NOTIF_CREATE in the program you specified below "RDSWP_NOTIF_CREATE_CUSTOMIZE_S"

Can you please also take look at this post that I posted and post your comments please.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

nothing to change, it's easier than you think.

Go to SA 38

Enter RDSWP_NOTIF_CREATE_CUSTOMIZE_S

Click Execute

Select the field group Component

uncheck the Required checkbox

Click Save

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're genious! This is crazy. I never knew about this. This is so easy. You really did made my day.

Thanks a lot....

Did you look at my other post about Global Service Desk Implementaions?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help on this?