cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding NON-SAP Components into Componet list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are implementing service desk and we want use this SOLUTION Manager Service desk for all NON-SAP Components as like. Like Network, tech-support, windows support, user locks/unlock? And etcu2026., when you go to t-code notif_create to create the message, you need to specify the components, as you know; now it has only SAP Components and sub-components of sap. Where does these being maintained, what tables and etc? Because I want to add all NON-SAP Components, so when I create the message, we can use that as components?

Can someone please?

Thanks in Advance!

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I would recommend adding a non SAP "component" as another iBase rather than adding it to the component list. Any changes to the component list will be overwritten if you ever download an updated component list from SAP by using the Fetch SAP Components feature.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason.

That is a well thought answer. I have rewarded points for you.

What happens if I want to have sub-components:

Example:

Network - Top componets

Under Network:

1) Lan/Wan

2) NT Lock and Unlock

Can I have those options in iBase/System?

Please let me know if this can be archived?

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can group them in IB52, but they won't be grouped in the ibase drop down when you create a ticket.

In IB52, highlight SOL_MAN_DATA_REP on the left hand side tree and type Non-SAP systems on the text tab on the right hand side. Click Save.

Highlight Non-SAP systems on the left hand side tree and type Network in the text tab on the right hand side. The identification should be NSI 0000000000 (a dummy value). Click Save.

Highlight Network on the left hand side and add Lan/Wan and NT Lock and Unlock to the text tab on the right hand side. The identifications should be NSI 000000000 001 and NSI 0000000000 002. The client will make it unique and allow you to later limit which ibases people can create tickets for by adding them to the identification tab.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Jason.

Can I assume now. When I go to create message via NOTIF_CREATE, if I choose the Network as my iBase system, and another screen will pop up to ask me choose components between "Lock/Unlock or Wan/Lan"? , because components field is also mandatory. It has ONLY SAP Components.

Let me know about this please.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Unfortunately no, you will see all of the ibase entries in a flat file view; you will see the SAP ones along side the non SAP ones.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

also there is no relationship between the ibase field and the components field. Your WAN/LAN entry will be in the ibase field not the components field. The components field is for selecting an SAP component only.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Jason. You really did clear my doubts. I got one final questions.

Now, with choosing SAP Components we can send e-mail to one BIG group. For an example. If I choose "BC" Basis as SAP Components and if I set up Rules " BC* for SAP Components" and Setup Organizational level chart with all Users in BC, it sends e-mail out to everyone that in the groupd BC. with this iBase I guess we loose this functionalities for NON-SAP sutffs? is this correct? or there is options we can set in iBase (IB52) to send an e-mail out to all Network group?

Please confirm me this as well.

I have rewarded points for you here as well.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

you can still use the SAP components for Non-SAP systems if you want. For instance, you could still select BC.

However a better way would be to have a rule based on iBase. For instance you could have a rule that forwards messages to the BC team when the ibase equals NSI 0000000000 001 and NSI 0000000000 001. I would put a higher priority on these than the rules that use SAP Component.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khumar

Did u ever manage to add these Non-SAP systems. We're using Solution Manager 4.0 and i've gone to IB52 but the screen looks slightly different from what was discussed in the message in SDN.

Can u perhaps shed some light.

Thanks

kevin Atkins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you might have a look at DSWPCSNCOMPTXT

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is DSWPCSNCOMPTXT? not sure where to use this? please explain.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. That might be the table you requested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any entries in there....