cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is SAPInst.exe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

According to the install guide for SAP NW 7.0 SR3, to install "Application Server ABAP", I need the following 4 components:

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 Installation Export - 51033493_1 and 51033493_2

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 Upgrade Export - 51033494_1, _2 and _3.

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 Language - 51033495_1 (for English)

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SR3 Kernel 7.00 - 51933508_11 (for Windows Server 2003 32-bit)

I have downloaded and unpacked all the components. However, there is no sapinst.exe in any of them.

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what I missed.

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member732332
Discoverer
0 Kudos

what about EHP7 ? where to find SAPINST.EXE ?

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mumtazawan,

If you have a question, its better to raise a new Question yourself instead of stirring up a old question... Please go through SAP Community, Rules of Engagement

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can only find the SAPINST.exe in the below dvds . so please down load the below dvds which is relavent to you.

BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on IA32 32bit

BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on IA64 64bit

BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

Kind Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

Thank you for your help. Based on your suggestion, I have downloaded BS2005 Install Master SR3 (51033511_11.zip).

When I run sapinst.exe, the new UI is quite different than what it used to be. I am confused on the starting point

I see options to install additional components on top of existing install. However, where do you start for installing the central instance?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

While browsing through the UI, I did find one option to install central instance. However, this option is under "System Copy." I guess this is not the right option for first-time installation.

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where the option is for a fresh install of the central instance.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. You are trying install SR3 to 32bit server, but good if before you read "Installation Guide". The NW SR3

you can install only on 64 bit win platform. Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

Thank you for your help. This is also what I ended up discovering.

Wonder why SAP keeps a 32-bit install image if they don't support 32-bit anymore.

Regards,

Peter