cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Mapping in Hierarchy Table

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enabled the Key Mapping = Yes for Hierarchy table. But when I imported the records to the Hierarchy table, I am not seeing any key mapping info for the Hierarchy table records. Any thoughts?. Key mapping does not work for Hierarchy tables?.

Thanks

Job.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Job,

Make sure you have mapped a field (with unique values) from Source Pane to <RemoteKey> field of Destination Pane.

As Ravi pointed out <RemoteKey> field will only appear only when the selected remote system is not MDM and is one the system you have maintained in your repository.

"Edit Key Mapping" functinality is available only in "Record Mode" and "Taxonomy Mode (Just for Text Values)".

Thanks & Regards,

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Amol,

Thanks for the replies. Key Mapping is working for other tables, but not for Hierarchy table. Guess I am missing something.

1. Key Mapping = Yes for Hierarchy table.

2. I did map a unique field to the remote key.

3. My Remote system is not MDM, but the one I created, it called R3.

4. I am trying the look the remote keys using "Edit Key mapping" option in the current record in record mode.

Am I missing something here??

Thanks

Job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem.

Key mapping is working great for all tables except our one hierarchy table. We have mapped it and the import is sucessful but without the key mappings.

Did you ever solve your problem?

BR

/Alexander

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I think the problem was our leaf nodes were not unique. We were able to load the remote keys (key mapping) for a hierarchy table where the leaf nodes were unique. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Job

Key mappings work fine with hierarchy table as well.What was the means of import for hierarchy table. If you have used a excel file and while connecting to Import manager which remote system you selected. If you have used MDM as remote system key mapping will be blank. we need to add the record key mappings. Select all the records in record mode for hierarchy table and edit key mappings.

Also which mode you are ssing the records. This will not come in hierarchy mode, select record mode and check the edit key mapping functionality.

Please award if useful.

Regards

Ravi