cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in SOAP adapter

Former Member

Hi,

I am working on SOAP adapter and in the adapter there is an option called "keep attachments".Can you please let me know what this is.Does it mean we can send any file attachements like pdf,.txt etc?Not sure how the webservice can hold the file and where it will update.Does the wdsl need to be developed in such a way to hold the attachments.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can send any attachment by checking the option "Keep Atachment". If you are exposing a WebService in XI and using SOAP Sender Adapter, your web client can send any file as attachment and XI can receive that attachment. You can further use PayLoadSwapBean to swap the payload with your attachment. It won't update it anywhere, it will just keep as attachment.

In case you are using "keep attachments" in SOAP Receiver Adapter, you can send any file as attachment to any webservice who can accept attachment.

You don't need to develop any special wsdl for doing the same.

Reward point if find useful

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If I want to send a text file for a scenario soap to file,you mean to say the file will be stored in XI i.e in a file share?I did not exactly catch you point ,can you please explain me more clearly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send a text file as attachment to your webservice by checking the option Keep Attachment. It won't be stored anywhere in any server. It will be just a attachnment when you see in your message monitor, just like payload, next to where you see payload. You can send the same file as attachment to another webservice or abap program. This is used in many scenarios depending on your business requirements. It is something like mail attachment , which has a body and attachment.

Although you can extract the File from the attachment by writing a Custom Adapter Module and can keep the file wherever a you want.

thanks

amit

Reward points if suggestion helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it,you said I can see it in my payload,I understand,but it has to go to the target system right,where can we see it in the receiver system.Does the webservice need to have the capability to hold the attachment?

thanks

Points awarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the webservice should have capaibility of holding the attachment.It's not exactly payload. You need to understand webservice architecture, then it will be clear.

This link will be helpful

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments

http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=SendingAttachmentsWithSOAP

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,Good one

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at the forum link

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

refer this BLOG:

/people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/03/06/how-to-create-a-web-service-with-attachments-soap-with-attachments

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you select "Keep Headers" in the SOAP adapter, the SOAP adapter transforms a SOAP

message with attachments to an XI message with attachments and the other way

around. Attachments can only be handled by Java and ABAP proxies, the SOAP

adapter, the Mail adapter and the sender File adapter. If you need an attachment in

another scenario such as IDoc to SOAP, then you have to create the attachment in your

own adapter module that you apply on the Module tab page of the channel definition.

Gaurav Jain