cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning - No authorization for all characteristic values selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to load the data and it is giving error "You do not have authorization for all the characteristic

values selected". I can access the data in sandbox but not in Development. SU53 of both are same.

Also the roles are same in both the system. /sapapo/mc77 - maintain selection assignments is also same in both the systems.

Thank you for the help.

Regards

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Can you post the text of SU53 dump here. Will be able to help then

Will revert immediately

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

The problem is solved. Had to take help of an ABAPer to debug the program.

Everything is working fine now.

Thank you much.

Regards

Pratap

0 Kudos

And the solution was... ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

this should work . When the error "You do not have authorization for all the characteristic

values selected" appears , click ok and immediately go to SU53 . You will see authorization you have .

Check if you have C_APO_SEL2 & C_APO_ SEL3 ( Selections in planning book)

authorization objects . Most probably you dont have these . Ask your security guy to assign the object to your profile.

Hope this will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The security team confirmed that the authorization and roles are common in both the system.

Still I am getting this error.

Please help.

Regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if there is any authorization set up on the MPOS cube in Development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I did not do it. Can you please let me know how to do it ?

Regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would probably require the help of a ABAP'er for this. Try to do the debug when you load the data into the planning book and put a break-point on the function module: /SAPAPO/DPBW_CUBE_READ. Hopefully this should be able to see which authorization check is failing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a case of inadequate authorization for display or execution of demand planning.

I don't understand what you exactly mean by

"su53 of both are same".

SU53 gives you a list of the authorization check that the system last executed on the ID.

Here r some suggestions. do an su53 immediately after the authorization error message is flashed.

It shall give you the authorization object which is required for that activity that you were attempting.

Also it suggested the name of role/s which have the required authorization object already present.

It is possible that you might have ALL authorizations in dev system, but the quality and production systems are usually the area where selective authorizations are to be used.

Hence the basis team might not have given you all the authorizations in the higher system where you are facing the above issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The roles and authorization for both of my systems are same. I did su53 immediately after the authorization error message was flashed and they were same. Not sure what else do I need to check.

Thank you for the help.

Regards

Pratap