cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Change into Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

I got one question regarding the Transport of changes for Planning Area.

I must to change one Key Figure agregation and for this I must to deinitialize the Planning area due this I will lost all the data into the Planning area, but I am doing one BackUp to restore the data after changes.

My question is:

If I will change this configurations into one environment to transport to other environment (DEV) to (PRD), will be need to deinitialize the Planning area in both environments?

I think that as I will transport this changes between the Landscape don't will be needed to deinitialize the planning area into production environment and lost all the datas.

Please all, let me know your previously experiences with Key Figure agregation change.

Thank you all.

Daniel Viana de Campos ( IBM Brazil - SAP APO Consultant)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

I don't know much about the version 4.1, but for version 5.1 you can change the Key Figure without de-initialize the Planning area and you will not have data lost for that.

My Advice for you is to make a backup from your live cache date into one CUBE and then make the change, if you have data lost you can reload the data saved in the back-up.

I hope that will be helpfull for you.

Daniel Campos

IBM Brazil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for you repply.

Just a lest question.

In case of transport the Planning area changes through the Landscape (Dev to Production) MSDP_ADMIN, will the system force de-initialization for planning area?

Thanks a Lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

System would force it if the palnning area contains TS Keyfigures. Refer note:637027.planning areas (Planning area - Check 2). In case if you have TS Keyfigures,you must deinitialize the planning area in the target system before transporting changes (no time series should exist for that planning area). So make a backup if required.

In the past many customers got inconsistencies or lost their planning data due to transports on active planning areas.

For a successful tranport you should perform the following:

1.) Backup of the data (either into an infocube or into a backup

planning area)

2.) Deinitialize the planning area

3.) Transport

4.) initialize the planning area

5.) Recover the backup.

But,for you,does it really matter? If you are planning for parallel transport,refer note:942744

As I mentioned,if TS Key figures are involved,you have to deinitialize the planning area,the planning area in target system is de-activated,and not recommended in a live system,except for an emegency situation.But,inYour case,as I wrote you earlier,you have the option of doing that directly doing the changes in the planning area,as you are in a SCM 5.0 Hence,you need not de-initialize.But if this is done,then data would be lost,if there are TS Keyfigures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. but when I ran that program I got the message ""This transaction enables you to change key figure settings for initialized planning areas. Such changes are critical as they can lead to data loss and can have long processing times."

How to know if the data will be lost into the Planning area?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a warning. If you want, you can backup the planning area before doing the change. We have done such changes many a times in production without any data loss.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to use program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGE to do such changes. this does not require any deinitialization and initialization of planning area or taking backups. This is an online change and the new aggregation logic comes into effect whenever you make a change to the key figures. So just run a follow up macro to say add 1 to all the values at the aggregate level. Once complete subtract 1 so that the inital value is retained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was checking SDN regarding the steps required for chaninging the aggregation for a particular KF. I came across your reply against this thread : You told that this change can be done thru Program :/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGE without de initialising the Planning area.And at the same time you asked to run a macro with +1 value and after executing the program run macro -1 value.

Can you please explain me a little detail about the macro.

Secondly I am working in SCm 4.1. Is it the same way we should use this program in SCM 4.1 also.

Thanks for your help.