cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is domain knowledge required for SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to start my career in SAP.My friends said that domain knowledge is important for SAP ABAP OR XI,please suggest me

1.which is the best way to start my career in SAP

2.How to learn domain knowledge

3.what are the basic things to be strong to get into the world's biggest market .....SAP and cope up with ABAP or XI

I hope SDN is the best helper for any SAP consultant.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar.P,

You have a good wish, But you didn't let us know what is your education back ground.

If you are a computer graduate and got good knowledge on programming languages jump in a technical consultant. You can do this by learning ABAP and Netweaver XI or Java Programming + Netweaver XI or Netweaver with Java and ABAP is good.

If you don't have computer programming knowledge and got domain knowledge about any of the modules, then learn that particular domain base SAP module.

Best of Luck for you future.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen and sampath,

I have completed my BTech (Computer Science) and have knowledge in programming ..but not strong :-)..So Can i try learning ABAPand then shifting to Netweaver XI..please suggest me the best way...and how to get good thorough knowledge for the first step into SAP.....

Sorry if i troubles you much.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have knowledge about the programming and logical power is strong you can make it.

Programming is not so difficult.

For XI it required few Java knowledge and rest all is configuration related so I think not much problem.

If you have Basic ABAP knowledge you can start with learning XI.

Gaurav Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its not mandatory to have domain knowledge, if you have it will be an added advantage. But as you work in SAP, you will learn it on your own. Yes, everything is good in SAP. If you are an Abaper, its good, if you are an Xi Consultants its good.If you know Abap + Xi its awsome, But you cannot compare, its like you cannot compare a pizza and a cake.

The best way to learn would be SDN and reading lots of material from the net.

Hope this clears your doubts

Thanks

Saiyog

Edited by: Saiyog Gonsalves on Jun 17, 2008 8:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If ur from computer back ground then there is no such need for domain knowledge

in SAP there are many modules .SAP is broadly divided into major 2 categories one is Functional and Technical

For SAP ABAP if u have a knowledge of any progamming language like C++,JAVA it would be helpfull

and SAP XI it is added advantee if u have a knwoledge in ABAP

Thanx

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any thing in SAP is good. ABAP With any SAP NetWeaver will be added advantage

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

please let me know which is the best way to get into ....which one should be learned at first