cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: Support Team Assignment from User not in a Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on configuring the Service Desk and all has been going pretty well until now.

The issue surrounds automatic assignment of Support Teams when a ticket is submitted.

In cases where people assigned to the org structure (PPOMA_CRM) submits a ticket, the support team is assigned correctly (via Rule 13200137 in PFAC_RESPO), but when an end user submits a ticket, it doesn't assign a Support Team.

I have not assigned end users to the org structure because they are not part of the support team and have been using PPOMA_CRM to only establish the support org structure.

So the question is what am I missing to configure SolMan 7.0 so tickets from general users are assigned to the appropriate support team?

Thank you,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following up on this thread as I was able to resolve it.

After further investigation into our customized security roles, I found our copy of role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE didn't have Human Resources --> Personnel Planning activated.

Upon activating this section of the role, the issue was resolved.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on this thread.

Best regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Brian,

you got me on this one. I know you don't have to have them employee role assigned though. Let us know if you figure it out.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did create BPs for the end users in both Org and Employee. While I understand the employee side is not mandatory, I found that if I didn't fill out the User ID field, the ticket wouldn't auto populate the "Reported by" field.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

It sounds like you did not maintain the identification tab with the ibase for the end users. You have to list every system a user can create tickets for on their identification tab in the General Partner role.

It should look something like:

<system ID> <identification number> <client> <userid>

DEV 1234567890 100 BSMITH

QAS 1234567890 100 BSMITH

PRD 1234567890 300 BSMITH

the very left field's value should be CRM001 for all three.

You do not have to fill out the employee role for end users for the functionality you desire.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thank you for the reply, but the config you mention has been established. Even went as far as removing, then recreating and the problem still persists.

Best regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Do you see any errors on the Action tab for the tickets created with users that do not have the employee role?

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

There is one "Incorrectly Processed" error and the action states "When message is created, find the support team responsible". Also, the the processing details are RULE "AC13200173" and PARTNER_FCT "SLFN0003".

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Brian,

can you clarify this statement from above please?

Yes, I did create BPs for the end users in both Org and Employee.

What do you mean in Org?

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

That was a mistake on my part, I had ment to put "Gen". The entire entry from "Display in BP role" (trans BP) is "Business Partner (Gen.)".

My apologies for the confusion.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you create business partners for the end users? You need to, but they dont have to have the role Employee.