cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT ISSUE - CVI - Customer /Business Parnter load incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

*************URGENT******************

We have loaded the Customer master in our Prod system and the CVI settings resulted in creation of Business Partners for the customers. However, the number range was different for BPs and Customer account group resulting in mis match of the Account numbers. This would seriously affect our processes since we want same number assignment.

Any suggestions on what can be done?

I was thinking of deleting the Business Parnters in BUPA_DEL and recreating the Business Parnters manually with correct number assignment.

However, i think the automatic sync of Customer - Business Partner will be lost.. is this true??

Any help is greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky

I would suggest that you archive your BPs.

This is the best you can do

Then update properly your customizing.

At this stage, you can make whatever simple change of the customers to restart the synchronisation with BP. This will re-create the BP with the new number range.

Alternatively you can start the load cockpit (transaction MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT) to do the same.

As a small extra info.

The main key BP table is BUT000.

The link table between customer and BP is CVI_CUST_LINK.

In the past there was an other link table (BD001) but I suppose you do not use it.

So after the archiving and before re-synchronising with BP, you should make sure no more link do exist.

With all this, I think you are on the right way.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alian,

I have also open a Sev # 1 ticket with SAP for this issue. They replied along the same lines.

A two step process was suggested,

1. Delete the incorrectly created BPs using trx: BUPA_DEL

2. Clear the contents of CVI_CUST_LINK using a custom program.

Are you sure about the GUID being deleted automatically from CVI_CUST_LINK upon archiving the associated BP? I'll try this on the sandbox environment as well.

However, we refereshed the client and reloaded the test data - this time with correct number ranges and all.

Anyways thanks for the very helpful answer.

Regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky,

I am in a similar situation, please let me know how you solved the issue.

How to delete the GUID's from the table CVI_CUST_LINK??

It's important becuase we are in production.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Answers (0)